[Asterisk-Users] Re: dialing out and ringing issue

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Aug 16 08:37:50 MST 2004

Info wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Hoping someone might know how to resolve this (probably an easy one). I
> have one Asterisk PBX with a single NIC and an FXO card with PSTN line
> attached, and one IP phone (Budge Tone 100) on the LAN. Via the phone
> I get no dial tone, and dialing 9, <number> doesn't allow me to dial
> out. I also need the phone to ring when the asterisk PBX is called. I
> have modestly tweaked the sample configs to get this far.
>
> I can check and retrieve and delete voicemail via the phone however. Any
> ideas?
>
> Curt

The Budgetone 100 should be generating the dialtone, so this is not an *
issue, per se. However, that said, the newer versions of the firmware
(in the 1.0.5.xx range) suppresses the generation of dialtone if the
phone does not register properly and the register option is enabled.
Make sure that your phone is registering properly - see the many, some
recent, posts on this subject. Note that it is possible to retrieve
voice mail on an unregistered phone, but you won't be able to receive
calls (because * won't know the IP address).

Stephen R. Besch