[Asterisk-Users] Help - is voip good for in-house calls?

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Mon Aug 16 02:51:54 MST 2004

> Well, I'm not really looking for a lot of phone features, just the
> basics (transfers, call retrieval, etc.).

Not sure what you mean with "call retrieval".

But the GS phone can only do blind transfer.

Also, Asterisk currently can only do blind-transfer by software.

If you want "attended transfer" or "supervised transfer" (two names for
the same thing), then you can't currently use GS.

> I'll most likely use a BRI. Do you think this will help to avoid echo?

I heard that you can get echo with chan_capi as well.

If you get a HCF chip based BRI card and use zaphfc with chan_zap, then
the echo cancel code in zaphfc can kick in and remove echo.

That said: I had never echo with neither chan_capi nor chan_zap/zaphfc.