[Asterisk-Users] consultative transfer with zaptel

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Mon Aug 16 02:25:27 MST 2004

> Ist there any possibility to use the funktion "consultative transfer"?

To my best knowledge: currently not. If the phone can't do it, you're
lost.

Asterisk currently has blind transfer built in, this is done in
res/res_features.c, function ast_bridge_call(). This function get's
called when two channels (e.g. the ringing caller and the ringed callee)
get's connection. Near line 365 it checks for the '#' sign and has the
logic for the blind transfer. This source code location is channel
agnostic, e.g. it would work with chan_zaphfc, chan_sip, chan_whatever.

Here would be the place where you could add your Asterisk software-based
consultative transfer.

I know that Kapejod (Klaus-Peter Junghanns) has this function on his TODO
list, near the top even. When he's done with it, he will probably put it
into his bri-stuff package.

In this case the code will never be in Asterisk's source code directly,
because he doesn't like to sign some stuff where he hands over the
copyright of his code to someone else.