[Asterisk-Users] Internal Distinctive Ringing + Caller ID

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Sun Aug 15 13:50:54 MST 2004

I have set up my asterisk PBX to provide a double-ring for outside
calls, and a single ring for station-to-station.

(I'm talking about ZAP stations in this email).

I had to go into one of the .c files and tell it to expect the Caller ID
between the 2nd and 3rd rings in order to get the double-ring scenario
to work.

My problem is that, in making this change, I now don't see Caller ID on
internal calls.

Is there a work-around for this?   It'd be really handy to have caller
ID on both internal and external calls, AND to continue to have the
distinctive ringing that I've been using.

(I use the 'r5' option in my Dial(ZAP/) statement to get the double
ring).