[Asterisk-Users] Analog Phones with Status Light Indicators

Sat Aug 14 19:40:31 MST 2004

> For those that have been selling telecomm for awhile, its fairly well known
> the business purchasing decision is based primarily on "cost" followed by
> "features". Its also fairly well understood that many businesses will
> list a feature or two as "required" to ensure their favorite vendor is
> selected. Asterisk can be sold into some of those accounts but not all.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me (and hopefully a number
of the other people who have been repeating the same questions)...

Also, specifically, thanks for quoting the last paragraph. I happen to
be the 'preferred' supplier, and I'm reasonably confident that I can
provide the solution at a lower cost with more features than the
competitor. So, I'll go now and write up my proposal, and see where I
end up.

I am wondering when those open-source IAX based phones are going to be
released, and I wish we still had a IAX load for the snom 200 phones.
Either one of those would have to benefit the community in this as well
as other features.

Thanks,
Adam