[Asterisk-Users] Ringing() doesn't play sound while phone is ringing

Warren Burstein warren at softov.co.il
Wed Aug 11 04:22:45 MST 2004

/etc/askterisk/extensions.conf contains

[general]

static=yes

writeprotect=yes

[phones]

exten => 101,1,Ringing()

exten => 101,2,Dial(Zap/1,10)

exten => 101,3,Congestion

I also uncommented the "noload => chan_oss.so" in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf
because I don't have a sound card.  Other than that, all conf files are the
originals from "make samples".

But when I dial 101 from Zap/2, Zap/1 rings (and if I pick it up, I can have
a conversation with myself), but I don't hear a ringing tone out of Zap/2.
I commented out the Dial and Congestion, and then I heard a two ringing
tones, a click, and a congestion tone, while the console said:

pbx.c:1836 ast_pbx_run: Timeout, but no rule 't' in context 'phones'

I'm guessing that Dial stops Ringing.  How do I tell Ringing to continue
while Dial is working, and if it isn't stopped by Dial, not to time out
after two rings?

"show application ringing" doesn't describe any parameters to Ringing() .

Thanks.