[Asterisk-Users] Re: Questions

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 12:55:31 MST 2004

Please don't post in HTML; use plain text instead.

Ildar Gabdulline <gif at pisem.net> wrote:

> I'm new to Asterisk and there are several questions on it:
> 1. does it support (or will it support) Fax in the neareast future ?

Yes, but you need to add a component called spandsp.

> 2. will be Windows version developed ?

No. Why would anyone want to? Linux is far superior for this kind of app.

> 3. Are there any known addons that allow to use Asterisk as:
>     IP-centrex system
>     call center solution
>     complete calling card solution

All these things are possible, but you will need to learn a lot.
Asterisk has a *lot* of power, but takes time and effort to learn.

You will find a huge amount of information on the Wiki, which is
at http://www.voip-info.org

Cheers
Tony
--