[Asterisk-Users] Vlan question

tmeeks at che-llp.com tmeeks at che-llp.com
Fri Aug 13 14:25:46 MST 2004

Hi,

I am setting up an Asterisk system with Cisco 7960 phones.  I have a PoE
injector to insert between the patch panel and HP 2626 switch.  I plan to
plug the users pc into the phone and the phone into the wall.  I would
like the phones to have a seperate subnet from the phones for performance
reasons.

May be a silly question, but with the pc and phone sharing the same switch
port, how will it know to seperate the traffic and subnets?

Thanks

tm
ID:[{20040813172548.30403.1811044938-12.6.18.86}]