[Asterisk-Users] External MW Lamp On/Off

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Fri Aug 13 09:48:32 MST 2004

	One of the connections my asterisk PBX has is an analog
extension from a Comdial hybrid.

	On the Comdial system, message waiting is turned on by dialing
*3 and then the station number.
	It is turned off by dialing #3 and the station number.

	I was wanting to have Asterisk (or Comedian mail) set the
message lamp in the Comdial system when a new message arrives for a
user, and extinguish the lamp when the message has been played.

	I understand that this has something to do with a file that is
placed in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing, but I have no idea about

	+ what the contents of that file should be,
	+ how Comedian mail would initiate putting the file into the
outgoing queue, and
	+ how Comedian mail would initiate putting the 'extinguish' file
into the outgoing queue.

	Has anyone done this sort of thing already?  If so, can you
point me in the right direction?

	As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I did find a question and
partial answer to this in the asterisk-users archives, but I need a bit
more information before I can make it work for me.