[Asterisk-Users] Problem with grandstream devices and DTMF signalling

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Fri Aug 13 04:09:26 MST 2004

> Hi,
> I've got a problem with some grandstram devices (namely a couple of
> budgetone 101 and an ata-486). The point is that, unless I use inband
> for DTMF, asterisk ignore the first digit dialed.

Which firmware do you have?  Does the one from
www.grandstream.com/BETATEST/ help you?

Grandstream used to send different SIP messages with the same CSEQ number
when using early-dial. I reported this bug to them and they fixed it.
Before it was fixed, I had the same effect you have: DTMF was only
working inband, but not with RFC2833 or SIP-INFO.

Maybe there is some similar bug left when not using early-dial. You can
find this out quite easily by using ethereal. If it is this bug AND the
new firmware doesn't help, then you should try the attached patch.