[Asterisk-Users] outgoing ZAP cannot connect using E1 isdn

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Fri Aug 13 00:12:51 MST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Asterisk wrote:

> What I can do: Call from outside into the asterisk, dial an extension, and
> pass through to the meridian. WooHoo.
>
> What I can't do: Call from outside (firstnum) into the asterisk , dial an
> extension which calls an outside number (SecondNum). I get the BT three-tone
> (number has not been recognised). Is it that the outgoing number is being
> mangled ? If so, where to look ?

Can you place any calls from Asterisk to the pstn? If not then I suspect
you need to set the pridialplan (and later on prilocaldialplan for
CallerID) to something. Exactly what depends on the number format you use.
For the standard national number format I think "pridialplan=unknown" is
the way to go.

You could try enabling debugging with "pri intense debug span 1" to see
exactly what the pstn returns.

Also, since you are on a pure tdm path you may want to try disabling echo
canceling. It has nothing to do with your current problem though.

Peter