[Asterisk-Users] Problem installing Software Fax SpanDSPsupport into Asterisk

Thu Aug 12 13:44:01 MST 2004

I finished compiling this last night, it required multiple changes to
the Makefile to work correctly, below is a diff.
Basically you have to make the following changes to the makefile:

#1 - add app_rxfax.so and app_txfax.so to APPS
#2 - The original instructions say add app_dtmftotext.so also, however I
go linkage errors later on when doing this, so I removed it from being
built.
#3 - Add linkage to spandsp and tiff
#4 - Perform a "make" on asterisk at the top level directory.

The original file is called Makefile.orig, the new one is called Makefile.

diff -C2 Makefile.orig Makefile
*** Makefile.orig       Tue Aug 10 20:14:29 2004
--- Makefile    Thu Aug 12 16:33:02 2004
***************
*** 16,20 ****

  #APPS=app_dial.so app_playback.so app_directory.so app_intercom.so
app_mp3.so
! APPS=app_dial.so app_playback.so app_voicemail.so app_directory.so
app_mp3.so\
       app_system.so app_echo.so app_record.so app_image.so app_url.so
app_disa.so \
       app_qcall.so app_adsiprog.so app_getcpeid.so app_milliwatt.so \
--- 16,20 ----

  #APPS=app_dial.so app_playback.so app_directory.so app_intercom.so
app_mp3.so
! APPS=app_rxfax.so app_txfax.so app_dial.so app_playback.so
app_voicemail.so app_directory.so app_mp3.so\
       app_system.so app_echo.so app_record.so app_image.so app_url.so
app_disa.so \
       app_qcall.so app_adsiprog.so app_getcpeid.so app_milliwatt.so \
***************
*** 43,46 ****
--- 43,50 ----
  APPS+=$(shell if [ -f /usr/include/osp/osp.h ]; then echo
"app_osplookup.so" ; fi)

+ APPS+=$(shell if [ -f /usr/include/spandsp.h ]; then echo
"app_rxfax.so app_txfax.so" ; fi)
+ APPS+=$(shell if [ -f /usr/local/include/spandsp.h ]; then echo
"app_rxfax.so app_txfax.so" ; fi)
+
+
  CFLAGS+=-fPIC