[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail.conf not being re-read / Updates (e.g. pin numbers) ok.

Joshua McClintock joshm at singlestep.com
Thu Aug 12 11:06:18 MST 2004

I understand that you not supposed to have to reload anything for the
voicemail.conf to be updated on a running asterisk (similar to the
meetme.conf).  However, if I add someone to voicemail.conf, asterisk
doesn't see them until I restart asterisk.

I thought maybe after adding someone, that if I read my own voicemail,
that the voicemail_app would fire up and re-read the thing, but that
doesn't work either.

Updates to the file like pin numbers work.  So it's not a permissions
issue.

Anyone else have this issue or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

I'm on CVS HEAD 7-29-04.