[Asterisk-Users] <<< MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND inside MEET ME>>>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:40:42 MST 2004

Tony-

Your .call file solution via loopback works **JUST FINE!**
In fact GREAT. Thanks.

This solution is a bit twisted-off-of what I had in mind for control and
launching of the audio files via the MeetMe Background Script, but may
actually work **BETTER** for my needs. It will actually free-up the MASTER
ZAP control channel to send and recieve AGI commands without the added
burden (and limited functionality) of playing back the audio file on the
same channel.

This solves the audio mixing issue (bypass of AGI Audio within MeetMe)-- but
more importantly provides a nice way to key-up the canned audio via
extensions in the dialplan-- **OR** perhaps a more sophisticated use of an
AGI which sets a Channel Variable which maps to an audio file-- then
executes the same extension as a sorta-file-launcher.

Ill have to sleep on it before I charge into the PHP.

Boy, it would be nice to have a simple PDF diagram of the data flow through
asterisk and into MeetMe (ala the rtp_flow.pdf in the source.)

Thanks Again, hope your solution provides the group with new fodder for neat
new apps.

Cheers-
JJQ