[Asterisk-Users] caller id over iax

Stan Dard stan at wireless-support.net
Thu Aug 12 07:51:47 MST 2004

Hi

I've 'inherited' an existing Asterisk with a number of users, and some
pstn connections through its Zaptel card.

I've recently set up another Asterisk which has no direct pstn access
and I've connected the 2 systems with IAX. The original system has an
extension number range 1xxx and the new asterisk has the number range
3xxx. I can call both ways, and when required can access the
inbound/outbound pstn connections from both systems. Thats excellent -
it works a treat!

But my problem is with Caller ID.
When I call from *1 to the new system the extension caller id's are
correct. But when I call in the other direction I always get a leading
'0' infront of the extension number.. ie 03003.

I've almost googled myself insane searching for an answer & would really
appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.

 Many Thanks