[Asterisk-Users] a few question about asterisk

Brassfield, Anthony abrassfield at carreker.com
Wed Aug 11 10:24:43 MST 2004

I am currently a new asterisk user I have worked with the old rolm systems
in the past. I have been asked to look around and find out how to do a few
things in asterisk, either in asterisk itself or with third party software.
The features that I am looking for are:

1. A good management application for setup and edit the .conf files for
both the exten & voicemail.
2. A receptionist software to transfer calls with (We have something we use
with intertel that runs on windows that you just drag the call coming in to
the exten its going to) is there a software for asterisk that can do this?
3. Is there a way to cut off the voicemail light after it sends the message
to your email account? The phones are Cisco 7960

Also has anyone had any experance connecting Asterisk to a rolm switch?

Any help would be great.

Anthony Brassfield
abrassfield at carreker.com <mailto:abrassfield at carreker.com>