[Asterisk-Users] Snom Intercom

Ryan Ayers rayers.list at rdasys.net
Wed Aug 11 07:52:16 MST 2004

Ryan Ayers wrote:
 > Yes, I read that.  It is not in there.  It does mention setting the
 > Auto-Answer for the phone.  However, I want an intercom, I don't want
a door
 > phone.  The Auto-Answer feature just sets it so it answers all calls
 > automatically.

Okay, I finally got the intercom working.  Right now it is just an ugly
hack.  Here are the steps:

1) Use a firmware 2.05a or older for the snom200.
2) Edit chan_sip.c or chan_sip2.c and search for vxml_url.  In the
function "initreqprep" change the line that uses vxml_url to alter the
To header.
	From: snprintf(to, sizeof(to), "<%s>;%s", invite, vxml_url);
	To:   snprintf(to, sizeof(to), "<%s;%s>", invite, vxml_url);
3) Now, in extensions.conf, just add the following:
	exten => 10,1,SetVar(VXML_URL=intercom=true)
	exten => 10,2,Dial(SIP/testuser)

This will allow the phone to act as an intercom.  I actually wrote a
small AGI script to let me know if that user is already on the phone.
If they are it will play me a message letting me know their busy.
Otherwise, the snom200 doesn't some weird things.

I know this is an ugly hack and probably makes the original VXML_URL use
worthless.  However, I needed something to work quickly for our office.

Ryan