[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 12sp+ and 30VIP

Mike Coakley mcoakley at ioumail.com
Tue Aug 10 20:41:34 MST 2004

I've searched high and lo and googled to I can't google no more... I
knew that Cisco bought Selsius to get their VoIP solution but what I
didn't know was that the 12sp+ is based upon an ITE-12 product that is
apparently used at universities. I've taken two of the phones apart and
started swapping parts and have looked up the IC's on the Internet...

Anyway... After using the phones with chan_sccp the phones die for no
apparent reason. No LCD. No nothing. About the only thing the phones do
is make a static sound when the handset is lifted or speaker is
pressed. Can't get the phones to work again. I've tried everything I've
found. I've even blew the dust off my CallManager 2.4 CD's and loaded
the phone images on my TFTP server. But once the phones go dead there
is no more IP traffic from them.

Normally I would assume that the phone is beyond repair but nothing is
happening to the phones. They just stop working. Last one that stopped
working happened today. Left it on overnight and this morning it was
dead.

Anyone have any ideas.

Mike