[Asterisk-Users] codec_g729.c:196 g729tolin_framein: Invalid data (4 bytes from the end)

Yap Teong Eng teyap at nextwavecomm.com.my
Tue Aug 10 19:37:26 MST 2004

Hi all,

I am currently running asterisk (CVS HEAD) on a p4 machine with rh7.3
and using nufone's h323 channel driver.

I was using the old voiceage g729 and have replaced it with the digiums
g729.

I used to have the message "Measured length exceeds frame length" but
since I changed the g729 codec I have not encountered this problem. However,
another peculiar problem has cropped up which I did not have previously.

I get a continous message "codec_g729.c:196 g729tolin_framein: Invalid data (4 bytes from the end)"
when the first call is initiated and the sound quality is bad. However, subsequent calls after the first call
the voice quality is good since I don't get a stream of messages but intermittently. However, when you
restart asterisk again, the above is repeated.

Here's the scenario.

planet fxs --> asterisk --> ata186

1st call --> continuous error message .. sound is bad (lots of echo) .. affects the voicemail too..
2st ..n calls -> no continous error message but intermittent .. sound is good

Has anybody encountered this problem before ? Any help or suggestions to solve this problem
are kindly appreciated.

Rgds
TE Yap