[Asterisk-Users] AbsoluteTimeout Inside A Macro

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Tue Aug 10 11:05:38 MST 2004

Josh Roberson wrote:

> Absolute timeout is 'T', and your standard timeout is 't'.  If he's
> looking for absolute timeout, he is, indeed, looking for the T extension.
>
> They are case sensitive, and should work.
> Mr. Wade:  Have you tried using the T extension outside of the macro?
> Although it *SHOULD* work within the macro, we may have stumbled upon a
> bug..
>
> -Josh

Indeed, it works flawlessly outside of the macro - had already though of
and tried that.

;If I write
exten => _8XX,1,AbsoluteTimeout(30)
exten => _8XX,2,Macro(blah......)
exten => T,1,NoOp("here i am")
;the 'T' extension fires off just fine
;but if I do this within a macro
;'T' will not fire.

In my case, this is not too bad, since to make this work as I need it, I
will simply have my macro set a variable that my T extension can use to
're-call' the macro, since you cannot do Goto(_8XX,1) and have the
extension be preserved (at least in my testing).

Anyway, if this truly is a bug, I hope its one that gets fixed quickly!
I'm still digging through the code, but I think I'm finding the problem,
if I get anything resembling a patch put together, I'll post it for
everyone to see.  Guess it might be time to join the asterisk-dev list
too. :)

Thanks,
Chris