[Asterisk-Users] just a few newbie questions

Lee Allen lee at leadtec.com
Tue Aug 10 06:11:38 MST 2004

I have been following this thread with great interest, because I am also
an asterisk newbie and I had many of the same questions.

I did not see one of my questions, though:

Suppose we retain our analog phones and PSTN lines, but we wish to make
VoIP long distance calls.  Can Asterisk do this?  That is, convert the
analog outgoing calls to IP.  I assume we would need a VoIP provider to
do that (assuming the destination is a PSTN number) ?

Suppose we find the quality of these analog/IP/analog calls to be less
than wonderful.  Would there be some way to override an outgoing call so
it uses the PSTN?

Thank you,

Lee Allen