[Asterisk-Users] just a few newbie questions

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Aug 10 03:31:49 MST 2004

> >> - To be able to recive calls, i need to have an VoIP-Provider.
> > No, you can receive calls by other means, e.g. ISDN line, analog line
> > etc
> In my case, i wouldnt have a  telephoneline.

You didn't write this, you asked if you *NEED* an VOIP-Provider.

Yes, you CAN have an VOIP-Provider :-)

>> - I need an account from a VoIP-Provider

> If i dial with my analog modem, or ISDN line, then i dont.

Yes, if you use an analog modem (urgh, long latencies) or an ISDN line,
then you don't need a VOIP-Provider. But you can still use a VOIP, e.g.
you could try the VOIP-Provider, and if this fails because the DSL line
is again down, you could use the ISDN line.

This again is something that Asterisk can't do out-of-the-box, but
something that is easily configurable.