[Asterisk-Users] just a few newbie questions

asterisk at bortal.de asterisk at bortal.de
Tue Aug 10 02:26:02 MST 2004

Hello List!

I just read an article about asterisk, and i would like to ask a few
questions to see if i understood the principle right.
Reciving Calls:
---------------
- To be able to recive calls, i need to have an VoIP-Provider.
- I need a Static IP, so that the VoIP-Provider can redirect the call to
my office/asterisk server.- asterisk will then forward the call to my phone

Making Calls:
- To be able to make calls, i need to have an VoIP-Provider.
- I need an account from a VoIP-Provider
- A call from a Softphone/Office will be made to the asterisk server,
which will then forward it to the VoIP Provider, which will then transfer
it to the normal telephone network.
Correct to far?

Thanks, Mario