[Asterisk-Users] introduced Agents and * stops answering calls

Sam Tilders sam at jovianprojects.com.au
Mon Aug 9 22:15:01 MST 2004

Hi,

I've looked through the list archives, bug tracker and cvs changelogs
and can't see anything that refers to the particular problem i've seen
recently.

I'm running CVS-D2004.06.09.14.00.00-06/24/04-00:43:55 which I
realise is not exactly recent, but I wanted to find out more
before I updated.

We've had asterisk running for our office using 7960's and a TE410P
for a while, initially just doing what our old system did.

The other day I introduced AgentCallbackLogin and assigned staff
each an Agent id.

Previously we'd just had the SIP/users specified in the queues.conf
directly. Now I had the Agent/id specified.

After a couple of hours we found the phones stopped ringing and
asterisk stopped picking up the calls from the E1/PRI.

Trying to see what was happening I would connect to the CLI and
run "show channels" which would either return nothing except the CLI
prompt or would not return at all.

This happened a few times, a full restart fixed it each time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any suspicions to
it's cause? I'd like to move forward to rc1 or the release when it
happens... but I'm wary of having similar problems again... I've not
been able to find any recognition that such a problem exists let
alone that it has been fixed.

Regards,
- Sam

Sam Tilders