[Asterisk-Users] Click to Call

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Aug 9 11:43:31 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 13:26, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Glen Hinkle wrote:
> > Just write a CGI script that places a file in in the outgoing calls
> > directory.  /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing, I believe.  This will
> > accomplish what you're wanting.
>
> Did you even click the link?

> There it is again... Try it.

As has been mentioned here, that app is an activeX control that appears
to be locked to XP and ME, and worse yet is probably not capable of
being used outside of IE. It even warns you that you have to lower your
security settings to get it to work.

Think four or five times about the inherent danger of having a app that
requires you to reduce security settings on such a piss poor security
wise app. As another carrot, I would laugh at any company that wanted my
to do such a thing especially if they where a computer/technology
company. It would get rediculed all over any public message board I saw.

As a seperate option, the CGI solution above kind of gets a similar
functionality. No it doesn't use the web browser, but it would allow you
to collect a phone number and issue a call out to the person requesting
the call. You then could select when and how to connect.