[Asterisk-Users] res_config_odbc not working

Dennis Nacino starisk11 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 01:48:45 MST 2004

--- Dennis Nacino <starisk11 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

I just made it worked. The problem is brought about by the placing of odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini on
/usr/local/etc. Anyway, I noticed with res_config_odbc in used, the * will only parse the first
#include file it encounters. To illustrate;

my extconfig.conf has the following lines

lastsip.conf => odbc
firstsip.conf => odbc

my sip.conf has the following lines

#include lastsip.conf
#include firstsip.conf

Once the * parses sip.conf, it will only parse  "#include firtsip.conf" but not "#include
lastsip.conf". The workaround I did was to issue

INSERT INTO `ast_config` ( `id` , `cat_metric` , `var_metric` , `commented` , `filename` ,
`category` , `var_name` , `var_val` )
VALUES (
'', '0', '0', '0', 'firstsip.conf', '', '#include ', 'lastsip.conf'
);

so that * can parse whatever "lastsip.conf" has in the database or table.

But without using  res_config_odbc.so the * will parse all the #include line inside the sip.conf

Any idea why * behaving like this when res_config_odbc.so is in use?

-Dennis