[Asterisk-Users] Video Calls between SIP and H.323

Bernie Hoeneisen bhoeneis at switch.ch
Sat Aug 7 04:33:05 MST 2004

Hi!

Does anybody have experience with * as a video gateway between SIP and
H.323?

We managed successfully to make voice calls between the two "worlds").
However, we have noticed, that * stays in between the RTP streams (as an
RTP proxy).

  Is this the mormal behavior or can this be avoided somehow, in the
  sense, that the RTP streams flow end-2-end?

We did not manage, to get any video streams to work, e.g. making a video
call from SIP to H.323, * simply does not offer the video capabilities to
the H.323 side. In sip.conf and h323.conf I have set the codecs h261 and
h263 to allowed and the option videosupport=yes ?

  Did I forget anything in the config?

Looking forward to your answers!

cheers,
 Bernie

PS: I am using * version 1.0-1 0, which is in the current default in the
    Debian "Testing" distribution.  I am using chan_h323 (the * built in),
    (but not chan_oh323).