[Asterisk-Users] pbx answers after answering from analog phone

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Mon Aug 9 00:44:52 MST 2004

Lyle Giese wrote:

>I am setting up my * for at home office and still have analog phones
>attached and answer from those analog phones and not necessarily through the
>pbx.

I don't think * likes this.  I have an analog phone hooked directly to
the line, and very frequently if I place an ougoing call from that phone
* will pick up and go through the answer routine after the call has been
connected for a minute or two.  This is even if the phone doesn't ring,
just a regular outgoing call.  It just picks up the voltage I guess, and
thinks it's a ring.

Best way to use * is to get an ATA adapter and connect your phones to
that.  I'm having no problems connecting two phones to one port of a
Sipura 2000 unit... you could probably get away with three or four if
they all played nice.