[Asterisk-Users] pbx answers after answering from analog phone

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Sun Aug 8 18:58:30 MST 2004

I am setting up my * for at home office and still have analog phones
attached and answer from those analog phones and not necessarily through the
pbx.  I found that with the X100P cards, they see the 2nd ring and will be
ready to answer the line.  I used a Wait to pause and allow another 2 rings
before * answers.  But found that if we answer the line after the 2nd ring
and before the 4th, * still answers and plays the recordings.  I am able to
hit # to cancel and * will hangup, but that's a pain and not very
professional<GRIN>!

The context in zapata.conf is set to lcrmainmenu, so they drop into this
menu when * answers the zap call.  I tried callprogress=yes in zapata.conf
and that generated errors and * never answers.

WARNING[262159]: chan_zap.c:2293 zt_handle_event: Ring/Off-hook in strange
state 6 on channel 1

I am using oem X100P cards and CVS HEAD (08/06/04).

Here's the approiate portion of my extensions.conf:

[lcrmainmenu]
;
; "main menu" context with submenu
;
exten => s,1,Wait,12 ; wait 12 seconds zap driver waits for 2 rings for CID,
then passes to here
                     ; 12 seconds give two more rings before answering phone
or 4 rings total
exten => s,2,Answer ; Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5 ; set Digit Timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10 ; Set Response Timeout to 10 sec.
exten => s,5,Background(lcrmain) ; LCR Main Menu
exten => s,6,Voicemail(u110); Drop into general vm for LCR

exten => 1,1,Goto(usersmenu,s,1)

exten => 2,1,Hangup

include => default
;
[usersmenu]
exten => s,1,DigitTimeout,5 ;set digit timeout to 5 seconds
exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout,10 ; Set Response Timeoute to 10 sec
exten => s,3,Background(usermenuopts) ; Press 1 for general, 2 for Lyle
exten => s,4,Voicemail(u110); Drop into general vm for LCR

exten => 1,1,Goto(default,101,2)
exten => 2,1,Goto(default,103,2)
exten => 3,1,Goto(default,102,2)
exten => 4,1,Goto(default,110,1)