[Asterisk-Users] No Sound and Jungle:

Dave Cotton dcotton at linuxautrement.com
Sun Aug 8 07:52:26 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 13:29 +0000, niko singh wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am running asterisk on  red hat linux 9 box. The sound card is Intel
> 82801db AC' 97 audio and the module is i810_audio.  It runs well with other
> applications like xmms and the standard tests deliver a sound . I have also
> tried to record voice and that works well too.

Therefore you are running a windows manager, yes.

> 1-)Now when i run asterisk and i dial out an extension to play any sound
> there is none.

On the same machine?

> The same thing happens when i use sjphone to connect directly
> to fwd...no ringing sound and no audio

Asterisk is still running?

>  ...i could understand that may be a
> nat issue as greg & steven told me but asterisk on this box and sjphone on
> this box and no dialing sound ..i have done an iptables -x -f anyhow. I have
> tried both oss and alsa in modules.conf but nothing  worked. I went through
> the archives and other resources but could get no help.

Mainly because what you are trying is a no no, Asterisk and X certainly
with a manager like KDE do not mix well.

KISS, use an old low powered PC to provide the front end, I've run
200Mhz PIIs, it will handle iptables and let you experiment with *.

Your other machine can then just run X and a window manager and SJPhone,
Kphone, Linphone etc.

--
Dave Cotton <dcotton at linuxautrement.com>