[Asterisk-Users] Message waiting

Reid A. Forrest reid at cvtelecom.com
Sun Aug 8 06:45:08 MST 2004

Don,
I have the same situation at home. I have a shared mailbox (500), and each of
my other two SIP phones have their own. I wanted the MWI to light up for
either the individual or shared mailbox. I didn't want to use broadcasting,
since I wanted the message to "clear" when either of us listened to it.

In your sip.conf (or Zapata.conf if using analog sets) use the mailbox= line
to set MWI. You can specify multiple mailboxes to monitor. Here's a snippet
of my sip.conf for one of my phones:

[550]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context = default
username=550
secret=xxxxxxxxxx
nat=no
canreinvite=no
mailbox=500,550

This will light the MWI if new messages exist in either mailbox 500 or 550.

-Reid