[Asterisk-Users] Generic X100P setup issues

Ed Maste carpeddiem at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 07:50:59 MST 2004

> I've purchased a clone X100P (or at least I was told it was), and I am trying to
> get it to work. However, when I try and load the wcfxo module, I get the following errors…

Intel's got a list of modem chipsets at
<http://www.intel.com/design/modems/linecard.htm> and there's a great
thread on this topic at
<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-June/050191.html>.

It's easy to see where the confusion comes in -- you'd think there's
little difference between the various 537 chipsets since they're all
listed together.  But look at the actual IC part numbers (in the
Content column). The 537EPU has a FA82537EP, which is the one that
doesn't work.  The 537PU has an MD3200, and that's the one you want.
It's the part with the Tiger Jet Network vendor id.

I bought a couple of MD3200 based modems on eBay for a few bucks each.