[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk : No Sound No Dial

niko singh sharp_in1008 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 18:07:07 MST 2004

Thanks for taking a look greg and hank. This seems to be getting bettre
everyday..help please
My sjphone is running on the same box as asterisk...i believe then the red
hat firewall should not be a problem.
Whenever i dial from CLI i get
#########

Executing Goto("OSS/dsp", "default|s|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (default,s,1)
    -- Executing Wait("OSS/dsp", "1") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (default, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'OSS/dsp'
<< Hangup on console >>
#################
but no sound
Another  problem i am having is that sjphone reports that another soft phone
is running while asterisk is on and i need to start sjphone before asterisk.
At this stage when i start asterisk i get the following error
###
WARNING[1116941120]: chan_sip.c:457 __sip_xmit: sip_xmit of 0x80ed894 (len
363) to 192.246.69.223 returned -1: Bad file descriptor
###
Asterisk can register with fwd on its own but if the sjphone has been
started it reports
###
NOTICE[1116941120]: chan_sip.c:3159 sip_reg_timeout: Registration for
'mynumber at 192.246.69.223' timed out, trying again
###
My local ipbox address being 10.12.X.X the settings in my sjphone for
proxydomain userdomain and registrar are all 10.12.X.X port being 5060...the
sjphone shows in sip peers...
the relevant sections of sip.conf are:
#########
[general]
port = 5060			; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 10.12.X.X		; Address to bind SIP channel to
context = sip
    register => mynumber:mypasswd at fwd.pulver.com/1000
srvlookup = yes
maxexpirey=3600
deallow=ulaw
allow=ilbcfaultexpirey=1200
externip = 10.12.X.X
localnet = 10.12.X.X
localmask = 255.255.255.240
[fwd.pulver.com]

type=friend

secret=mypassword

username=mynumber

host=fwd.pulver.com
port = 5060

[zultys]

type=friend

host=dynamic
port = 5060
;defaultip=10.12.X.X

username=zultys

secret=blah

;dtmfmode=inband ; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or info

;mailbox=1000 ; Mailbox for message waiting indicator

context=sip
nat = yes
callerid="Me" <2124>

[mysjphone]
type=friend
host=dynamic
port = 5060
dtmfmode=inband
username=mysjphone
secret=mypassword
context = sip
careinvite = no
nat = yes
###################

the relevant section in extensions.conf are

#####
[sip]
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/zultys,20,tr)

exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/mysjphone,20,tr)

exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/zultys&SIP/mysjphone,20,tr)
exten => _8.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN-1}@fwd.pulver.com,tr)
exten => 100,1,dial(SIP/mysjphone)
exten => mysjphone,1,goto(100,1) ; To be able to dial with text, "mysjphone"
exten => 264,1,Answer
  exten => 264,2,Wait(1)
  exten => 264,3,Playtones(!950/330,!1400/330,!1800/330,0)
  exten => 264,4,Wait(5)
  exten => 264,5,StopPlaytones
  exten => 264,6,Wait(2)
  exten => 264,7,Playback(beep)
  exten => 264,8,Hangup

#############

help please..any suggestions r welcome ( i did do a ip tables -f -x )
thanks
niko

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:49:14 -0600 (MDT)
>From: Greg Hill <gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us>
>To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
>Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk : No Sound Issues
>
>On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, niko singh wrote:
>
> > Thanks greg , for pointing out the valuable resources for reference. I
> > tried SJphone in a windows environment to connect to fwd and it worked
> > fine(including (audio). Now have to do the same thing for linux(red hat
> > 9 )  and hope the nat issue is resolved.
>
>your mention of firewalls below reminded me of a certain "feature"

ncluded with RedHat 9. The installer likes to set up a firewall (using