[Asterisk-Users] ASTERISK AND 120 CONCURRENT CALLS

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Fri Aug 6 17:39:49 MST 2004

>>Scott Stingel schrieb:
>>> Someone should try a multiprocessor solution with 4 E1's and some
>>> transcoding and see where the limit really is.  Should be easy enough if
you

[mailto:asterisk-users->admin at lists.digium.co] On Behalf Of Roger Schreiter

>E.g. I would provide a list to subscribe and find 100
>of volunteers, who will do a free VoIP call to a PSTN
>destination for some minutes. (North America, Europe,
>Taiwan or what else is not too expensive.)

>Those volunteers should connect via H323, SIP or IAX using
>GSM, and asterisk does the transcoding to G.711 for PSTN.

Hi Roger-

That would be great, although the most useful experiment
might be to have E1 terminations for all the calls too.  If
you have two systems (and 2 Quad E1's) you could use one
system to generate calls to the other, and have the second
system make outgoing VoIP connections.

Also, I think I saw on here once a reference to VoIP
call generator software.  One could generate lots of calls
with this software, and then make a few manually at the same
time to judge quality.

Regards
Scott

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.
Palo Alto, California and London, England

Email:          scott at evtmedia.com