[Asterisk-Users] termcapsupport not found

dirk los dirk at dicom.nl
Fri Aug 6 16:07:19 MST 2004

I try to make an asterisk system and downloaded and unzipped the file asterisk-1.0-RC1.tar.gz.
When I do the first make I got the following messages:
checking for tgetent in ltermcap.......no
checking for tgetent in ltinfo.......no
checking for tgetent in lcurses.......no
checking for tgetent in lncurses.......no
configure: error: termcapsupport not found
make: *** [editline/libedit.a] Error 1

I am using a recent stable debian system
Linux version 2.2.20-idepci, gcc version 2.7.2.3

As an extra I installed: termcap-compat  1.2.3    and  evms-curses 1.00-3
In my /lib directory I see:    /lib/termcap.so.2   and /lib/termcap.so.2.08
Further I see a /etc/termcap file  and a /etc/terminfo file
My monitor is a Compaq 1525

What can I do to get a valid termcap support?

Dirk Los