[Asterisk-Users] <<< MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND inside MEET ME>>>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 05:30:39 MST 2004

Tony/et-al--

Thanks for the response/info so far on the AGI_BACKGROUND issue.

If I read you correctly--

SIP channels **May Conference** by using the ztDummy driver
(pseudo-driver)-- but by doing so, the conferenced channels have no capacity
to pass DTMF into an associated AGI (Tony explained this nicely!)

ZAP channels **May Conference** and because of the driver design, **May Pass
DTMF** via an associated _AGI_BACKGROUND script--

So I would guess, (please point me to docs, if any) that **EACH** true Zap
channel within a conference may be associated with **ITS OWN**
MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND script-- which could monitor the DTMF on its
individual channel--??--.. Is this correct?

The MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND script is NOT conference oriented BUT connection
(channel) oriented--??--??..

THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION here is to have a ZAP channel conference LEADER,
who would be able to launch "canned" audio presentations (of regional sales
data) into an existing conference, via a PHP AGI_BACKGROUND script using the
"GET DATA" or "STREAM FILE" AGI commands.

If this sounds plausible, Im gonna fiddle with it today/week-end (Im on
NY-Time)

Again-- Thanks for the insight.

Cheers-
JJQ