[Asterisk-Users] Paging with Sipura 3000 FXO

Paul Zimm pbzinc at dejazzd.com
Fri Aug 6 05:01:20 MST 2004

I have a Sipura 3000 that I 'd like to use for paging thru the FXO port,
but I keep getting
"Service Not Available". I guess that is because there is no loop
current or tip/ring voltage on the line.

Anyone know a work around for this?

************From manual ******************
4.2.5. Determining the Availability of the PSTN line
SPA determines that the PSTN line is not available if the one of the
following conditions is true:
- PSTN line is not connected (loop current is 0 or Tip/Ring RMS voltage
is below 1V)
- PSTN line is being used by another extension. Tip/Ring RMS voltage
lower than the threshold set
in <Line-In-Use Voltage>
If the PSTN line is not available, the PSTN gateway function will be
rejected; any VoIP caller
requesting PSTN gateway functions will be turned down with a “Service
Not Available” response.