[Asterisk-Users] Avaya/Lucent Definity -> Asterisk interop question

kwijibo at zianet.com kwijibo at zianet.com
Thu Aug 5 12:04:13 MST 2004

I have the setup you described working somewhat.  You *will*
need a T1 crossover(at least I did).  You also have to be careful about what
the Definity is doing.  After programming my Definity my CSU
liked to stay in the loop state even though I put the thing in service.
To compound the matters it doesn't look like the Digium hardware
can detect loops, I had to plug it into some Cisco gear to verify it
was looped.  Simply unplugging and plugging back in the CSU fixed
the loop.

You should be able to hand off extensions to the Asterisk box
with PRI but I am not sure how to program that up on the Definity.
I am using fxs_ls/e&m to do my signalling at the moment because I couldn't
figure out how to route extensions on the Definity using PRI.  I tinker with
it in my spare time.

The following config works for me but like I said, I am not using PRI atm.
You just need to make sure both sides of the circuit are configured the
same.
The wiki gives a good explanation of how to configure PRI on the Definity.

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
#bchan=1-23 (Uncomment if you are doing PRI)
#dchan=24 (Uncomment if you are doing PRI)
fxsls=1-12  (Remove if you are doing PRI)
e&m=13-24 (Remove if you are doing PRI)
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

Steve