[Asterisk-Users] Avaya/Lucent Definity -> Asterisk interop question

Robert.Kelly at ebimed.com Robert.Kelly at ebimed.com
Thu Aug 5 08:27:13 MST 2004

Calling all Definity admins,
Got a few questions about Definity -> Asterisk interoperability.
1) What are the options for integration? Can I hand off extensions from the
Definity and vice versa?
2) Anybody have any working configs they would like to post?

I've found and read the legacy integration on the wiki about the two
systems. I've also googled and found a few threads that were cured by
finding working hardware.
I know our hardware works.
I've got a box running Suse 9.1 (2.6.5 kernel) with a CVS of zaptel, libpri
and asterisk.
Everything compiled and installed fine and yes I did a 'make linux26' for
zaptel.
The box has a T100P card hooked up to a csu on the Definity with a patch
cable.
When I load wct1xxp and zaptel and do a ztcfg -v all channels come up, but
I get a pulsing orange light. (normal ?)
On the Definity side, the 464 has red lights pulsing on 2 and 4.

Disclaimer: I'm not the Definity admin so I barely know what I'm talking
about on that side.
The idea is to hook up the two using pri and hand off some extensions to
asterisk for ivr, iax etc. and to have some sip clients route calls to the
Definity.
Any help through configs, urls on either end would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

  Robert Kelly

 Communications