[Asterisk-Users] Advice on possible set-up

Andrew Newton andrew at techanswers.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 08:33:14 MST 2004

Hi, I have been reading the mailing list archives and google results but havent
been able to find quite the information i am looking for. Perhaps someone on
the list can give me a hand.

Our company has several sites. Two of which we regularly make calls between over
the PSTN. Both sites currently have thier own PBX systems but they are not
linked by any means other than the PSTN (and we pay by the min for calls
between sites)

Both sites have at least 1Mbit+ connections to the Internet.

What would the best way be to enable calls from a site1 to be routed accross the
broadband connection to site2?

Ideally we would like to keep the PBX at either end set-up as they are now and
simply add in the necessary linux boxes to handle calls accross the net. Also I
would like a solution that allows users to use thier desk phones to call the
remote site.

Any suggestions for hardware configuration would be most gratefully accepted.

Andy

--
Andrew Newton
andrew at techanswers.co.uk