[Asterisk-Users] Using answering machine in my phone

Adam Bezanson bezanson at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 08:15:50 MST 2004

Sorry for the lack of enough info, I was starting to think it just wouldn't
work and wanted to get confirmation or not.
As I mentioned in my first post, I do hear the answering machine start to
play the greeting then hangs up in the same spot during the greeting. This
is before the machine plays the beep and before it should be listening for
anything. The beep hasn't played yet so I don't think it has anything to do
with a DTMF detection screwing it up. I also tried speaking on the line
thinking the answering machine may be listening but that made no difference
either.

I've tried busy detect with a busy count of 8 and there's no difference.
Commenting out the rx and txgain on channel 3 as well as not relaxing DTMF
makes no difference either.
Turning on call progress changes things dramatically. The answering machine
never actually picks up anymore and the phone just rings forever until I
hangup. Here's the log messages with call progress turned on:

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/2-1", "ZAP/3") in new stack
    -- Called 3
    -- Zap/3-1 is ringing
    -- Zap/3-1 is ringing
Aug  5 11:07:35 WARNING[278542]: chan_zap.c:3348 zt_handle_event:
Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on channel 2
    -- Hungup 'Zap/3-1'
    == Spawn extension (from-comcast, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/2-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/2-1'
Aug  5 11:07:47 NOTICE[294926]: chan_zap.c:5052 ss_thread: Got event 2
(Ring/Answered)...
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/2-1", "ZAP/3") in new stack
    -- Called 3
    -- Zap/3-1 is ringing
    -- Zap/3-1 is ringing
Aug  5 11:07:53 WARNING[294926]: chan_zap.c:3348 zt_handle_event:
Ring/Off-hook in strange state 6 on channel 2
    -- Zap/3-1 answered Zap/2-1
    -- Attempting native bridge of Zap/2-1 and Zap/3-1
    -- Hungup 'Zap/3-1'
    == Spawn extension (from-comcast, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/2-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'

This is my Zapata.conf file:
[channels]
language=en
context=from-vonage
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
busydetect=yes
busycount=8
;callprogress=yes
;progzone=us
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
channel => 1
context=from-comcast
channel => 2

; TDM100B Port #1 plugged into analog Phone
; This phone is allowed to dial extensions and local and long distance
numbers
;
context=from-internal
signalling=fxo_ks
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=1.5
txgain=1.5
immediate=no
musiconhold=default
usecallerid=yes
callerid="Sample Zap Phone" <20>
mailbox=20
channel => 3

Please let me know if you need any other info.
Adam