[Asterisk-Users] FCC Rules VoIP Must Be Tappable

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Wed Aug 4 16:38:44 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Florin Andrei" <florin at andrei.myip.org>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 4:02 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] FCC Rules VoIP Must Be Tappable

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/08/04/2212251&tid=158&tid=95&tid=1
03

> Probably some of you already saw this.
> Now, beyond discussions regarding the legitimacy of such a ruling
> (whether they have the legal, moral or whatever right to enforce it),
> there's the technical aspect.
>
> Suppose i provide VoIP services using Asterisk, and i fall under the
> incidence of the FCC ruling and i have to provide a tap to the guys in
> the black helicopters.
> What are the guidelines, what should i do to ensure i won't get spanked
> because i obstructed the justice or some such.
> More precisely, what config bits must be put in place to make sure
> there's always an easy way, with Asterisk, to tap into arbitrary calls?
>
> --
> Florin Andrei
>
> http://florin.myip.org/

I suppose I should actually READ the ruling before I say anything...

Soooo many sarcastic remarks just popping into my head.... ahhhh the US...
we think we have the right to control the universe...

Now I'm waiting for the black helecopters to come get me for my negative
post...

God Help America...

    -Chris