[Asterisk-Users] Re: IAX2 'no authority found' problem

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 09:03:36 MST 2004

In article <4110F363.3010408 at unreel.co.uk>,
Simon Ward <simon.ward at unreel.co.uk> wrote:
> Aug  4 14:50:02 WARNING[147465]: chan_iax2.c:5339 socket_read: Call rejected
> by 192.168.1.250: No authority found
>
> Here are excerpts from the config files :
>
> ServerA:
>
> extensions.conf
> [incoming]
> exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/test:test at 192.168.1.250/cardiff)
>
> ServerB:
>
> iax.conf
> [cardiff]
> type=friend
> username=test
> secret=test
> context=sipfonescard
>
> extensions.conf
> [sipfonescard]
> exten => cardiff,1,Dial(SIP/1101)
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions on what might be the solution to the 'no
> authority found' problem, I'm convinced that it must be something pretty
> simple that I'm missing but I can't find any tips to point me in the
> right direction.

When operating in "type=user" mode, which is what Server B is doing when
it answers a call, the "username=" line is ignored. The user name is the
name of the section, i.e. cardiff.

Also, the "context=" line doesn't steer the call, it just specifies what
context is available to imcoming calls. You can have multiple "context="
lines to make more than one context available. You need to specify the
required context at the peer end.

Try:
exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/cardiff:test at 192.168.1.250/cardiff at sipfonescard)

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield