[Asterisk-Users] Re: Analog FXO Card

Wed Aug 4 06:54:36 MST 2004

>> -=> On 15 Sep 2003 11:09:38 -0600, tom <landslide_x at comcast.net> said:

>> And interestingly, the Digium card looks a lot like a product sold
>> by Tigerjet, called the Personal Phone Gateway. I'm purely
>> speculating on this, but Digium could have used Tigerjet's reference
>> design for their own board.

> Steve Haehnichen replied:
> That's kindof how the industry goes.  No point in rehashing designs or
> trying to beat volume manufacturers at their own game.

> The FCC Reg# on the board is for AMIGO Technology Co of Taiwan.
> I'm guessing the FXO board is a lot like an "AMI-IA92":
>  http://www.amigo.com.tw/products/modem/AMIIA92_IE92.htm

> You can zoom in here:
>  http://www.amigo.com.tw/catalogue/Modem.pdf

> The same right down to the "AMI-IA92/IE92" on the FXO silkscreen. :)

For the record: I bought an XP 100 so that I could too get the support
that I expect that I will need.  However, I like to know what I buy when I
purchase hardware.

I do not understand what is this notion of AMI-IA92 - this is being
labeled as "Intel's software base solution" for a V.92 modem under
windows.

However, this is still showing up in my /proc/pci as a TigerJet 300
Communications Controller.

Does this mean that Intel software works for the TigerJet 300?

If I boot into windows, could I use this board as a modem?

What about T.38 and Fax support for this board, is this envisionable?

What I am interested in knowing is whether the sound i/o on this board is
down through PCI DMA or its being done through a "serial port" on a PCI
bus.

-=Francois=-