[Asterisk-Users] Logging into Multiple Call Queues on two * Servers and Voice Mail option.

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Wed Aug 4 06:52:29 MST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Shad Mortazavi [mailto:Shad.Mortazavi at nexusmgmt.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 9:37 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Logging into Multiple Call Queues on two *
Servers and Voice Mail option.

>Dear All,
>I have two objectives that I need to meet;
>1. I need to be able to log into two separate call queues on two
different Asterisk servers, servicing two data centers. I seem to have
problems configuring my SNOM phone to actively register with both
servers. Has anyone got a working configuration for this?

I have not implemented this exact scenario, but I have setup agents in
multiple queues.  In queues.conf you can either specify the agents that
belong to the group or use agent groups.  Since each agent can be in
multiple queues all you have to do is specify that agent in the second
queues section.  As far as getting it working with two servers all you
should have to do is use the switch => statement to forward the calls
back and forth.  Basically the agent would have to log in to both
servers, but once finished he/she could receive calls from both.

>2. I need to have an option for the user to press a button when in the
call queue to go to voicemail. Has anyone got a working configuration
for this?

You need to specify the context option in your queues.conf for that
queue.  When you have a context defined whatever buttons the caller hits
is sent directly to that context.  This can work very similarly to an
auto attendant where you can have them hit one to leave a message or two
to receive a callback, etc...

>I appreciate all the help.

No Problem, I hope this qualifies.

>Warm Regards