[Asterisk-Users] 2 sip servers

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Wed Aug 4 06:45:59 MST 2004

I setup extension 105 on my Asterisk server to
Dial(SIP/extension at sipserver_b) and then defined [sipserver_b] in the
sip.conf

So then I setup "extension" on sipserver_b's extensions.conf file to answer
with the auto attendant, and it simply plays a message asking what number I
want to dial. It then puts me in a context where all outbound calls are
pushed through the pstn card in it.

So now from my system, I dial 105 and I immediately get asked what number to
call, and once I enter it, the call goes through.  The same thing works from
asterisk_b to asterisk_a, now our cities are linked.

Not familiar with "switch" but I saw references to it before, will
investigate further.