[Asterisk-Users] 2 sip servers

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 06:23:51 MST 2004

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:03:59 +0200, Altus Snyman <altus at stormcorp.co.za> wrote:
> Good day all
> I have figured out most/basics of asterisk.I went with sip and made my
> own sip.conf and extensions.conf
>
> No I have 2 servers running sip in different towns.Both is connected
> with static ip so thats fine,but now.
> Lets say someone want to call someone else in the other town.How do I
> get asterisk to know,for instance sip extension 101 is on another sip
> server on a different ip.
> And I even want to say if someone in town A calls a town B code it
> should go out threw town B's pstn card,so it will only be charge for a
> local call?Can this be done

This sounds like you want to use

switch =>

In your dialplans.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+extensions.conf
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+-+dual+servers

These are links I found on the wiki with a little bit of googling (the
wiki search function isn't very good.  Doing a site:voip-info.org and
a couple of terms will get you what you want)

HTH,
Leif Madsen.
http://www.asteriskdocs.org