[Asterisk-Users] No incoming audio on incoming SIP calls

David Gurr david.gurr at congruity.co.uk
Wed Aug 4 06:05:07 MST 2004

Now this is really frustrating. Everything was working fine, and now it
isn't ... I don't think I've changed anything that would affect this, but I
guess you never can be too sure.

My setup is as follows:

SIP softphone (SJphone) connected to Asterisk running my Linux NAT firewall
box. This is all on the internal network.

Asterisk then dialing out through various means - SIP to Stanaphone, FWD,
Gossiptel and PSTN via an X100P.

For incoming calls, an 0870 number from CallUK routes to my FWD account, and
an 0870 number from Gossiptel routing to my Gossiptel account.

Outbound calls all work fine ... I get audio in both directions, no problem.

Incoming calls on either 0870 number connect fine, and audio goes from the
softphone to the caller, but not the other way ... I hear no audio on the
softphone from the caller's phone.

I'm getting no alerts from my firewall that it's dropping anything.

I know my way around packet sniffers, but I don't know what to look for
here. What should the inbound audio packets look like?

Thanks

--
David Gurr
Congruity Ltd.