[Asterisk-Users] Best Linux for Asterisk

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 10:36:41 MST 2004

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 12:08:34 +1200, matt.riddell at sineapps.com
<matt.riddell at sineapps.com> wrote:
> > be it. Most of the "unstable" behavior has been in GUI based parts:
> > Gnome in particular. Since no sane person runs * on a machine that is
> > also running X, it's a non-issue.
>
> Is this always going to be the case?
>
> Is there no way of saying X doesn't get what it wants unless noone
> else wants it?

I have honestly never seen the point of running X on a server which is
running Asterisk.  If you can't have your Asterisk crash
(commercial/production environment) all you should have installed is
Asterisk and what you need to build Asterisk and it's related tools.

I know there are differing opinions on this, and I realize that yes,
Asterisk does work when you install all sorts of things, but I feel
the ideal, and correct thing to do with an Asterisk install is to
dedicate the machine to it, run anything else you need on a seperate
server.

Just my .02 CDN
Leif Madsen.
http://www.asteriskdocs.org