[Asterisk-Users] Called ID in Australia

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 05:37:42 MST 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:24:50 +1000, Robert Barnes
<robert.barnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Can any Australians who have any info or current patches relating to
> Caller ID in Australia please drop me a line? There is little or no
> info on the Wiki regarding this topic, although I am aware of a
> related patch mentioned in the bug tracker.
>
> Regards,
> Rob Barnes

Australia uses the bellcore caller ID standard which is the same as
that used in the USA, Canada, and a few other countries.

Depending on the hardware you use, caller ID should work "out of the
box" - at least it did with my ISDN and X100P cards.

-Shaun